Pages

Stitch Fix #4 // February 2017

Sunday, February 19, 2017

I have a new motto these days.

"Owning less is better than organizing more" 

Um true story. Declutter and get rid of everything is my new past time when I have free time. I can't tell you how exciting it is to get rid of crap. A couple weeks ago, I even got rid of my dresser and most of what was in it. In the spirit of living with less, I requested an all black top fix from Stitch Fix. Ironic right?! Hear me out though. After significantly downsizing my closet, I realized that I was in need of some basic, versatile pieces to add to my new capsule inspired wardrobe. And as much as I wanted to spend a couple days boutique shopping and visiting outlets, this girl has zero free time. 


The second I got an email from Stitch Fix saying they would waive my styling fee this month, I requested a fix and updated my Pinterest board with lots of inspiration. This fix was styled by Kristina B and I am a such a fan of what she sent!


First out of the box was the Wren&Willa Rohan Layer Detail Blouse ($48) and I loved it before I even put it on. This top isn't your basic basic black top because there is a fun 2nd layer over the top portion. Saying yes to this top was all too easy. I am all for a top that can be dressed up or down without any thinking. I need all the brain cells I can for graduate school. Also another no brainer is motto leggings. I have them in four colors and have zero regrets.


Next was the Eden Society Moony Crochet Hem Detail Top ($58). When I initially peeked at what was coming in my box I was almost certain that I would hate this top. WRONG! I didn't hate it and I actually kind of liked it a little. I loved the crohet hem, the crochet/lace sleeves and the tassels.



When I saw the Q&A Sandrie Bib Detail Blouse ($54), I did a little happy dance. This top is so dang fun. I'm loving the higher neckline but I'm especially loving the fun details. It's perfect for a fun, accessory-free night out or if you have the urge to be business causal a black cami underneath does just the trick.


The fourth top was the Jella C Lucille Knot Back Detail Blouse ($48). It's kind of like a stylish mullet cause it's business in the front and party in the back. I only have one other long(ish) sleeve top in my closet so I was glad Kristina B sent this my way. I was surprised to find that I really liked the neckline. There were two cons - I hate elastic wristbands and I felt like it was going to slip off my shoulders.


It can't be all happiness and sunshine. When I pulled out the Crescent Gracelynn Keyhole Blouse ($44) I cringed. I am really picky about lace because I think it can be itchy and look cheap all too easily. I hated this lace and I hated the keyhole neckline and I hated the weird draping. This was a big no.

I will always love Stitch Fix because it got my out of my postpartum fashion rut. It really made me think about choosing quality pieces over quantity. It's given me permission to try new things and helped me figure out what looks good on me. I don't want my closet to look like the current fashion fad. I want it to be filled with pieces that I love, pieces that I wear and pieces that look good on me (not the model on the runway). As much as I could have easily talked myself into keeping all five tops, I decided to only keep one or two (I'm still deciding!!!). Quality over quantity. Loves over likes. I only want things in my closet that I love and will reach for time and time again. What do you think I decided on?


1. Sign up at here to create an account and style profile. Huge hugs if you use my referral link to sign up!

2. Optional create a Pinterest board for your stylist to look at and gather inspiration for your fix. Here's mine! This is a great way to let your stylist know things that you are loving or want to try. 

3. Schedule your fix You can sign up for automatic or individual fixes... basically anytime your heart or closet desires.

4. Wait impatiently to receive your fix. For me this means stalking the mailman until my fix arrives.

5. Try everything on in the comfort of your own home. I love being able to style the items with things from my closet to see if it's a keeper or not. 

6. Send back anything you don't want using the prepaid mailing bag.

7. Check out online This is where you let your stylist know why you liked or didn't like something. This feedback helps as they style future fixes. 

Here are a couple FYIs I have figured out so far.

Styling Fee ($20) You pay this when you schedule a fix, but this amount goes toward whatever you purchase. It's only a "loss" if you don't keep anything from your fix. 

Shipping (free) Enough said.

Referral Bonus Remember the referral link I mentioned earlier? Stitch Fix has a fantastic referral program. When someone signs up using your referral link you receive a $25 credit once their first fix ships. 

Buy 5 Discount If you keep all 5 items you receive a 25% discount. So for instance this fix totaled $252, but If I had kept all 5 tops I would have only spent $189. It's a great deal if you love everything. 

If you want to see examples of other fixes check out the following posts 
Stitch Fix #1 // Stitch Fix #2 // Stitch Fix #3 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)