Pages

Because #yogaeverydamnday // 30 days of yoga camp

Saturday, January 13, 2018

So it's totally January and November was so last year but I'm still going to share this blog post.

Newsflash I kinda definitely love yoga. It has been life changing (seriously life changing).

I yoga therapied myself on Black Friday when I couldn't find my size in the yoga leggings that were on sale (true story). I turned 28 in December and was the happy recipient of lots of yoga stuff. Don't freak out too much but remember my imaginary mat I showed up on before? Now I have a real yoga mat. Oh and I have a yoga wheel, blocks, socks and strap. Seriously, who the f*?k am I?!

Anyways, 2018 is a brand new year and #yogaeverydamnday-ish


My Why.

My why for yoga will always be to practice and cultivate gratitude for my health and my body's abilities. 

Yoga is just as much if not more mental/emotional than it is physical for me. It's become my life therapy. Showing up on the (real) yoga mat each day to be present, to inhale and exhale, to cultivate gratitude and to practice daily self love has been transformative. Trust me I know I sound a little a lot crazy because not too long ago I thought people who did yoga sounded a little a lot crazy! 

The biggest thing I learned from Yoga camp is that yoga is a mirror. 

If you are trying too hard on your yoga mat, you are likely trying too hard off your yoga mat. Show up, allow, soften -  gain knowledge and real strength. - YWA 

A lot happened on and off the mat in November. A lot is happening right now on and off the mat. I graduate in just a little over 100 days and I'm only semi freaking out. I am in the midst of a Whole30 adventure. And I am tackling budgeting and the envelope system. I blame yoga for my being willing to do all of these things in January. I'm beginning to understand that parts of my day, week or year will always be challenging and uncomfortable but I have the opportunity to be present and mindful. I know sounding crazy again. 

Moving on - 30 Days of Yoga Camp had a mantra rather than an intention for each day. 

Mantra [man-truh]
noun
a sacred word or phrase used as an object of concentration

And yes I still loved and utilized social media peer pressure to document each day as you can see below. Seriously each day had an "ah-ha" moment for me. I love to look back on the mantras to remind myself of what's truly important.

Namaste and take good care friends. Happy 2018!!

*  *  *  *  *

If you're even slightly interested in yoga, I would totally recommend checking out yogawithadriene.comhttp://yogawithadriene.com/ She is basically my best friend and she doesn't even know it. But really she is the reason that I love yoga. Tons of FREE videos (a new one weekly) and there are four 30-day yoga series. And according to Adriene "you don't have to be flexible to do yoga" - I mean how could you not love her when she says that?! More yoga thoughts coming your way later.

Click here to read about the first 30 days of yoga I did with Yoga with Adriene. 

2 comments:

  1. Read it again. Loved it even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the best - favorite blog follower!!!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)