Pages

happy new year | being not doing

Saturday, December 28, 2013

I've never been a fan of New Year's resolutions. to me it's just a lovely reminder of everything I SHOULD be doing but am NOT doing and probably WON'T consistently do in the upcoming year. Happy New Years. by the way you suck. too much negativity.

but I do like goals and lists. a lot. and i currently like hash tags. 

So instead of concentrating on doing I want to focus my time, energy, and motivation on being

I know it's the same thing with a different perspective. but sometimes you (or rather I) need a little perspective change. i believe that who i am is more important than what i do. plus the word being implies becoming which recognizes the journey.  


new years resolutions

I'm really excited to see how this plays out. by focusing on being I hope that my decisions and actions will support these goals in the upcoming year. at the end of 2014 I would be ecstatic if I had become the above.  

honestly I'm not even sure what this will look like. for that reason I plan on doing a monthly update on how being is going for me. a little accountability never hurt anyone.


*  *  *  *  *

your turn. do you welcome new year's resolutions with open arms or do you despise them like I do? what are some of your resolutions/goals for 2014? what do you think about focusing on being rather than doing?

all great achievements require time - Maya Angelou

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)