Pages

{re} focus | {re} adjust

Sunday, October 20, 2013

a lot of little things have happened since my last post the new (ab)normal  

Aaron and I moved back to Nebraska. Omaha won the low altitude competition {1,090 ft vs 6,035ft}. we are currently living with my parents while we regroup which means lots of snuggle time with Jack. I have taught him how to eat food off of utensils & drink iced coffee from a cup. he's a genius. I am going to a chiropractor three times a week to help my dysfunctional autonomic system function at it's full dysfunctional capacity.
I am ONLY taking salt pills {happy dance for no more goosebumps and itchy scalp}. I may or may not have just stopped taking my other pills cold turkey. my excuse is I'm a {future} nurse practitioner. and I am feeling pretty decent. Aaron released his first album "Clange Mysticum" on October 1st. He's pretty much a rockstar and I'm a proud wife.

oh and I colored my hair pink 


pink hair

being forced to slow down isn't exactly what I wanted to happen this summer but it's been good. I'm use to doing everything all at once {like getting married and graduating from nursing school in the same week}. not being able to do everything is frustrating but I think it's healthier. now I actually have to intentionally choose what's really important in life and what I want to do with my time {i've decided that my husband, health and happiness are my priorities} I'm realizing that life happens now. decisions need to be made with today in mind as well as the future.

I'm learning to accept this new (ab)normal by refocusing & readjusting

I am planning on going back to work soon {finally} but I won't be going back to the hospital. although I absolutely love working in the hospital it is crazy chaos. and that's not the best fit for me right now so I'm looking for clinic jobs. 

I'm still in graduate school. I'm very proud & happy that i've been able to keep up with classes so far. but I am now giving myself permission to take longer to finish my degree if needed. this means I am currently weighing the pros & cons of not starting clinicals in the spring.  

but for right now I am enjoying not working and getting to spend lots of time with the husband, my friends and family. life is actually pretty rad. I am choosing to not do everything {busier isn't always better}. I am okay that sometimes I need to sit down, wear ted hoses, or take a nap. I am okay that my purse always has microwave popcorn, cheese crackers or something salty in it. and I am loving life {especially now that my hair is PINK}


anywho here's a picture look at fall 2013 so far. 

| fall favorites |



yours truly,
leeann

oh and I am currently obsessed with Katy Perry's new album Prism especially the song This Moment 

Can you tell me, who called the race? Can anyone stay in one place?
And when you get to the finish line will you wish for more time?
I say one day one day you will but maybe one day you will find that you just can't push rewind
All we have is this moment tomorrow's unspoken yesterday is history
So why don't you be here with me? All we have is this moment to put our love in motion
Yesterday is history so why don't you be here with me? Be here with me now

Do you ever think that. we're just chasing our tails? Like life is one big fast treadmill
And we pop what is prescribed if it gets us first prize
But you know how I, who I think will win? Are the ones that let leove in are the ones that take the time

All we have is this moment tomorrow's unspoken yesterday is history
So why don't you be here with me? All we have is this moment to put our love into motion
Yesterday is history so why don't you be here with me? Be here with me now

Be here with me now 'cause the future is right now, right in front of you
Don't let the clock, the clock tell you what to do
A future is right now, I'm in front of you baby don't blink and miss

This moment tomorrow's unspoken yesterday is history
So why won't you be here with me? All we have is this moment to put our love into motion
Yesterday is history so why don't you be here with me? Be here with me now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)